Terms and Conditions
At Grace and Grit we want to ensure you a learning experience in our trainings, coaching sessions, events and workshops. To this end, we kindly request that you embrace and comply with these terms and conditions at all times as these are the terms on which we supply our services.
Please read these terms carefully before you submit any booking with us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us.
1. About these Terms and Conditions
By confirming to Grace and Grit your participation in a training, course, coaching session, event or workshop, you are signifying your agreement to and acceptance of our Terms and Conditions. All references to the Terms and Conditions refer to these Terms and Conditions as amended and updated from time to time. You can contact us by telephoning or writing to Kim Brice at email@example.com If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provide to us in your booking form/contact form.
2. About Us
GRACE AND GRIT is managed by Kim Brice who is registered in The Netherlands under the Chamber of Commerce Registration Number 27345768 and VAT number NL2475.59.945.B02.
“Agreement” means these Terms and Conditions and the Booking Form.
“Grace and Grit” means the entity with whom you have entered into this Agreement.
“Sign-up Form” or “Booking Form” means the form relating to the booking of the training courses, event or workshop – in person or online and which incorporates these Terms and Conditions.
“Fee” means the amount payable for the training courses, event or workshop – in person or online as detailed in the Booking Form.
“Event, Workshop or Training” means any specific event, workshop, training or coaching session, either in person or online which Grace and Grit offers.
“Term ” denotes the periods throughout the year(s) during which we run training courses, event or workshop – in person or online
“Venue” means the place at which Grace and Grit provides the training courses, event or workshop – in person or online.
4. Booking and Payment
Training courses, events, coaching sessions or workshops – in person or online – must be booked using the Booking Form and the Fee must be paid in advance of the event unless otherwise agreed and can be proven by a document, online or written.
Payment of the Fee shall be due to Kim Brice within the date specified in enrollment information. If payment is not received within the specified time, a place is not confirmed or guaranteed.
Only when the payment of the Fee is received will your booking be confirmed.
If we are unable to accommodate you in a course, training, event or workshop and the Fee has been paid, we will inform you of this in writing and refund you the Fee paid.
Event dates are available to view on the specific event pages of the Grace and Grit website: http://graceandgrit.nl
The Fee is non-refundable according to the policy below. Grace and Grit is unable to offer concessions for missed classes due to sickness or holidays. In certain circumstances and solely at the discretion of Grace and Grit, the following options may be available:
- The person’s place at the specific training may in exceptional cases be offered to an acquaintance provided adequate notice is given and the friend or acquaintance completes an intake or any other necessary written form and expressly agrees to these Terms and Conditions, and we agree they are suitable for the course/event.
- Subject to availability, adequate notice and without any guarantee, Grace and Grit may be able to fit the person into another training. Missed training events, courses, workshops cannot be carried over to the next Term/event without prior written consent (online or actual document).
The Grace and Grit Refund Policy is the following:
All cancellations must be made in writing before the start of the training course. Cancellations are only accepted when made in writing.
|A refund is available under the following two circumstances:|
|100%||When cancellation is sent in writing up to 7 days prior to the start of the course|
|50%||When cancellation is sent less than 7 days prior to the start of the course|
|Course is non-refundable under the following circumstances:|
|0%||1) If a participant fails to attend the course or a participant cancels his/her
participation on the day of the start of the course. In this case, the full course fee will be non- refundable.
2) If a participant misses two training sessions in a row, the participant will not be able to continue the course and the fee will be non-refundable.
3) If a coachee fails to inform the coach 24 hours in advance of the session, the coachee will be billed for a session, unless due to sudden illness or emergency.
5. Changes to events, workshops, training and cancellation
Grace and Grit may cancel this Agreement at any time and for any reason whatsoever. If the Agreement is canceled by Grace and Grit, the unused portion of the Fee will be refunded to the customer.
If for any reason a specified teacher is unable to run an event, then Grace and Grit will do its best to provide another teacher. If this is not possible, Grace and Grit will, at its sole option, either (i) reschedule the training by adding another training or (ii) will refund the Fee for that Class.
The customer acknowledges and agrees that Grace and Grit reserves the right to replace any teacher of an event without notice to the customer at any time prior to that event without any liability arising from such a change except in accordance with these Terms.
6. Courses, Events and coaching sessions
Grace and Grit will provide events and sessions which:
- conform in all material respect to their description;
- are carried out with reasonable skill and care;
These Terms apply to any replacement training Grace and Grit supplies to the customer in the unlikely event that the original classes do not conform with these Terms.
Customers are not permitted to use the training or information received from the training for any commercial purpose, without prior written consent.
The trainer will perform her/his services with reasonable skill and care and with the following intention: choose for what is most beneficial to the trainees and the group’s learning process and respect the authority of each person’s own experience.
Unless otherwise indicated, all training courses are delivered solely in English and all participants must be sufficiently proficient in English language to attend a course.
7. Code of Conduct
In order to create a relaxed and comfortable environment for all attendees, we ask that you comply with the code of conduct below:
- Training will start on time and people must arrive before the event is due to start.
- During the training, mobile phones must either be switched off or on silent unless otherwise agreed.
- The Grace and Grit environment is relaxed and sociable, however to show respect for the group, general chatter must be kept to a minimum to ensure that the teacher can be heard and that the focus is kept on learning.
- Classes are sometimes held in venues with hard surfaces and, although mats may be provided it is the participant’s responsibility to wear suitable clothing and we cannot be held liable for any injury caused by lack of care or awareness of the participant.
- If the teacher of a training determines that the participant is disruptive, the teacher on behalf of Grace and Grit shall be entitled to exclude the participant.
The participant is aware that:
- The information shared for and during introductory meetings whether completed and or accepted/signed by the participant is accurate in all respects and will notify Grace and Grit of any change in such information immediately;
- when attending a training, any special event or coaching session, the participant will share if s/he is knowingly suffering from any illness, infectious disease or anything similar thereto;
- Limitation of Liability
Participation is at your own risk. If you suffer any emotional or physical distress or harm during the training, please inform the trainer as soon as possible. The decisions you make during the training are solely your responsibility.
Grace and Grit shall not be responsible for any loss that a participant suffers as a result, except for those losses which it could reasonably foresee that would result from the failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Grace and Grit shall not be responsible to the participant for losses that result from its failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions including, but not limited to, losses that fall into the following categories:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- loss of data.
This clause shall not prevent claims for foreseeable loss of, or damage to, the participant’s physical property. This clause does not exclude or limit in any way Grace and Grit’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any breach of obligations under Consumer Rights in The Netherlands
- any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for Grace and Grit to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability.
The participant agrees that any claim against Grace and Grit or any teacher, practitioner, employee or agent of Grace and Grit must be brought within 60 days of the event that gave rise to such claim. The participant agrees any claim made thereafter should be discussed.
The participant acknowledges, warrants and undertakes that the maximum aggregate liability of Grace and Grit to the participant under these Terms and Conditions shall not exceed the Fee paid.
All warranties and conditions whether implied by statute or otherwise are, so far as is permitted, excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
10. Data Protection
Grace and Grit shall ensure that data processing only takes place in accordance with the terms of this Terms and Conditions and any Data Processing Agreements in place from time to time. The Company only processes personal data where it has a lawful basis to do so.
Grace and Grit may store and process personal data via our servers located in the EU, or any other country that provides suitable and adequate security measures to protect the data. Data will be transferred in accordance with the relevant data protection laws.
We retain the right to respond to legal requests as necessary.
11. Personal Data
As permitted under data protection legislation, we will store a Client’s data for as long as necessary in order to provide our services to the Client. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless the information is no longer needed for the purposes agreed or for other legitimate purposes.
Once our relationship with you as a user of our classes has terminated, we will retain personal information only to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions, and take any action permitted by law.
We do not pass participants/clients/customers information to any third parties except those who have contractually agreed to abide by our service Terms and Conditions. Your data will not be used or sold outside of the agreed Terms and Conditions.
12. Fair Processing Notice or Audio or Visual Records and Photographs
Grace and Grit may take and use audio or visual recordings and photographs of you for the following purposes:
- to be displayed on the Grace and Grit website;
- to be displayed on Grace and Grit social media platforms;
- to appear in Grace and Grit marketing (including, but not limited to, prospectuses, marketing materials and annual reports)
- general publicity purposes.
If you have any concerns about or wish to opt out to audio or visual recordings and photographs being taken please contact us.
If you would like us to remove any specific audio or visual recording or photograph of you from an existing Grace and Grit publication, website or display, please contact Grace and Grit by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Intellectual Property
Grace and Grit reserves the right to all intellectual property in relation to this website and the services provided. Use of the services does not give the user any ownership in the services, its content or any trademark or logo used on the website.
14. Changes to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions may be modified from time to time and you are advised to check this page to see that you are reading the most up-to-date Terms and Conditions.
15. Force Majeure
Grace and Grit will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations under the Agreement that is caused by events outside its reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of Grace and Grit.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
17. No waiver
The failure by either party to enforce any obligation under these Terms and Conditions at any time or for any period shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all the obligations arising under these Terms and Conditions.
18. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings between the parties. It is agreed that no statement, promise or inducement whether written or oral alleged to have been made by either party and which is no contained herein shall be binding or form part of these Terms and Conditions.
19. Governing law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by Dutch law and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dutch courts.