Why a coach?
Just as life around us is ever changing, so are we. One of the most valuable skills we can develop in life is to learn to navigate changes that are taking place inside and outside of us. Due to our biological reality, women are especially prone to change. The political, social and institutional norms and messages we grew up with make it also challenging for some of us to be who we want to be rather than who we believe we should be.
Kim Brice is your coach. She supports you to dig deeper into yourself than you are able to do on your own. To gain different perspectives than the one you tend to get blinded by. To connect with your inner compass especially during times when you mistakenly believe you have lost your way.
What can you expect?
Coaching sessions are a laboratory of self-discovery. You can expect to become more aware of the ways you are holding yourself back, to befriend what you resist, and to make the physical and mental shifts that will help you embody what wants to come. You will (re)connect with your natural intelligence, authority and authenticity. Expect to learn to integrate tools and practices in your life that will help you respond to challenging situations in ways that are more in alignment with your values and ethics.
It takes Grit to open up to reality. What we usually prefer is to hang out in fantasy. Accepting reality is a form of Grace. And in that space of Grace, the answers you have been looking for usually flow to the surface, naturally and effortlessly.
Kim’s approach is to engage the whole of you in the coaching process: your body, mind, emotions and spirit. She makes use of the following methods:
- Body Awareness
- Emotional Body Work
- Practices from Western and Buddhist psychology
- Voice Dialogue
- Stress reduction techniques
- Story telling
Coaching sessions are conducted in English, Dutch or French.
If you feel you as if you have come to a crossroads and identify with any of the statements below, you might consider a free introductory session with Kim:
- I want to learn to welcome change in my life and deal with the unexpected in a healthier way.
- I want to take charge of my life and be less swayed by what others say, think or feel.
- My emotions can be overbearing and I want to be able to deal with them in a supportive way.
- I feel overwhelmed and want to learn to manage stress in a practical way.
- I am always on the move and don’t know how to get off the treadmill.
- I feel I want more out of life but don’t know what I want or don’t know how to bring about the change I long for.
- I want to stay true to myself under pressure.
- I feel stuck and want to let go of what is holding me back.
- I am so hard on myself and others. I long to be more accepting and compassionate.
Reality is you won’t know until you meet with a prospective coach. A successful coaching trajectory depends on a personal click between coach and client, mutual respect, curiosity and commitment. Every coaching trajectory starts with a free introductory session. which enables the client to get a taste of the coach’s personality and approach. The coach can also determine whether she believes she can add value to the issue the potential client is grappling with. A coaching trajectory comprises of on average of 8 one hour sessions. In between sessions, expect to dedicate time to journaling and practicing tools you have learned in your sessions in order to learn how to integrate them into your everyday life. There is always the option for a half day or full day session to dive deeper into a specific issue.